Advice please...

Hi, can you please recommend make and model for a pickup...

2007 or 2008 towing 2800 lb trailer ~160 miles at a time long lasting low maintenance best value for the money automatic gas or diesel nothing fancy

I think a 1/2 ton would be right but I need suggestions for the best make and model.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Reply to
Eric D

F150 with the 5.4L motor should do the trick.

If you can find one with the Towing Package, it will have a beefed up trailer hitch and be prewired for trailer brakes. I'm not sure that yoru application calls for brakes or not, but having a 7-pin connector at the bumper lets you install a brake controller if you want to, and you can buy (for a few dollars) a converter that takes the 7-pin configuration and turns it into the standard 4-pin.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

That's great info. Thanks very much.

Reply to
Eric D

To add, I strongly recommend whatever you buy have a 'trailer towing package' from the factory. There are a number of things that are upgraded (often transmission cooler, larger electrical system (alternator/battery) , wiring for the connector and brake controller, etc. Well worth the trouble and cost (which is nominal), and as well the trailer package shoudl give you a real, heavy duty hitch.

Reply to
PeterD

My '07 F150 came with BOTH 4 pin & 7. 5.4L Auto Supercrew Mid size (6.5') box

Reply to
Rudy