Carb problems still!

ok! I sprayed carb cleaner, but it didn't make much of a difference.
Here's the problem: I got my friend, who's a mechanic, to adjust the two screws at the front of the carb, for idle mixture. It seemed to run fine,
untill I got half way home. Then I let my foot off the gas, and she didn't slow down. I put her in Neutral, at a red light, and she was running way too fast.
When I pulled into my drive way, I tried to kick it off fast idle, but it wouldn't. I shut it off, and when I got out, I smelled gas like crazy.
If the choke is close, it will burn rich, am I right?
Why would the choke close, when the engine in warm. My mechanic adjusted the fuel/air ratio, so I think it's just the choke coksing when it shouldn't. As far as I know, the choke should open when the engine is warm. The engine war plenty warm; so why when I was half way home, and the engine was plenty warm, would the choke close?
TIA.
Monte-Carlo wrote:

SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD POSSIBLY BE A STICKY NEEDLE AND SEAT OR A BAD FLOAT ?