changing coolant 97 K1500 350

I was going to replace my coolant today but I'm having trouble draining the radiator. There is a little white plug[?] with a tee type handle that I can't reach on or near the bottom of the radiator on the
drivers side . I assume that's for draining the radiator . I ground a slot in a socket and could turn it about a 1/8 of a turn and nothing happened and I didn't want to force it. I saw a plug in the drivers side of the motor for drainging but didn't pull it out cause I couldn't do the radiator, I saw what I think is the temp. sensor on the other side of the block and I guess I could pull that for draining the other side of the block but what about the rad? pull the bottom hose? Thanks, Tom
Twist and Pull, and the petcock will open. Carefull, you can pull it out. Sounds like you did the twist.
I ususally pull the plugs above the oil pan, one is actually a knock sensor. But your year may be different, its a vortec.
Cheers