Flashing Coolant Light on 97 Jetta

Started up my car to head to work this morning and my red coolant light started flashing less than a minute into my trip. The coolant levels are fine, just had them checked recently, and I kept an eye on the temp. gauge, and nothing was out of the ordinary there. Drove to work, shut the car off, and restarted the car and the flashing light was gone......any ideas on what's wrong????

Reply to
Nathan Vary

Your a tad low on coolant and when it's cold it sets off the alarm. The light will not go off untill you cycle the engine on and off even though it warms up and the level rises.

Jo Bo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Check your coolant level and top it up to "max" when the engine is cold.

Reply to
Matt B.

I had the same thing happenin with my brake fluid sensor.

Reply to
Eppendorf