chevy 1500

was wondering if any of you could help. Fuel filter changed then started having problems with the rpms racing up to 4000 then slamming into gear. Changed throttle postioner, mass air flow still no change. Any ideas what
it could be?

Look for a large vacum leak. (you may have distrubed something by accident) ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
I meant to say I changed the fuel pump. I have checked for vaccum leak already. My fuel pressure is 55psi which is high. Changed out the map sensor.

In order for the engine to "eace" two thing must happen, more air and more fuel must be allowed into engine. Just adding more fuel without air will not make it speed up but adding more air will because the system will automatically add more fuel. What year is this truck and what engine is it and is it drive b wire ( gas pedal has no direct connection to throttle plate) or old sytle direct connection? ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
its a 1997, engine is 4.3 v.6

Okay, you have old style throttle. Air is getting inot engine somewhere if it is racing with throttle closed. Check vacum boost and PCV valve too. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
I meant to say i changed out the fuel pump. My fuel pressure is 55psi which is way to high. Check out all the vaccums. Was told to look at the regulator, where would i find that