Clicking sound

I have an 86 Chevy Suburban that has recently started making a clicking sound on the passenger side. It stops as soon as I press on the brakes. Any ideas as to what it may be? I am new here and would
appreciate any help!

The front brake pads are loose. Pull the wheels off, remove the caliper, make sure the in board pad has its retaining clip, remove the out board pads, and using a hammer peen over the tabs slightly and then re-install the pads. The pads should go on tight.
Whitelightning
"Whitelightning" wrote:
> message > > > I have an 86 Chevy Suburban that has recently started making > a > > clicking sound on the passenger side. It stops as soon as I > press on > > the brakes. Any ideas as to what it may be? I am new here > and would > > appreciate any help! > > The front brake pads are loose. Pull the wheels off, remove > the caliper, > make sure the in board pad has its retaining clip, remove the > out board > pads, and using a hammer peen over the tabs slightly and then > re-install the > pads. The pads should go on tight. > > Whitelightning
Thanks! As a mater of fact I did just have the front pads replaced. I am going to try your fix this evening and Let you know if it works.
I would bet your brake pads are in need of replacement. tad