1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap

Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine?

Reply to
Jabs

That's a joke right? Of course not.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Doc, Can I take it that your answer means no? Or does it mean that you don't know what a 454 Vortex engine inside of a 1997 Chevy Suburban looks like?

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

Nope, never seen one or worked on one. In fact, I don't have the snowballest clue in hell what I'm talking about with regards to everything automotive.

Anyhow smartass, you may or may not have a cover that makes access to the cap difficult. This is NOT the intake manifold or even the upper intake plenum, but rather just a plain old piece of plastic designed to keep that area clean and dry. Remove the cover and the cap comes off with removal of two screws holding it to the distributor.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Doc, Thanks for the info about the two screws........ if only I could just find out how to get to them two screws.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

You're either a troll or you're really a newbie to auto mechanics! If there is a cover over the cap, remove the cover and then you'll be able to get the screws. If there is no cover, it should come right up.

You'll need a step ladder or something to stand on to get high enough.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

. . . ==== ====

1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2004, 3:50pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.Com (Jabs) Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine?

========= =========

I can tell you that.

the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributer cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine.

want me to tell you anything else?

MarshMonster ~shoot......he didn't say Simon says... bummer.....I never was any good at that game~ ============ ============

Reply to
Marsh Monster

OK Doc, I'm convinced you have never seen a 454 Vortex engine inside of a 1997 Chevy Suburban. Thanks for your help just the same.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

How hard can it be to find a distributor cap. You put gas or diesel in that thing. Besides, I think your problem is in the key switch...it's below the steering wheel.

Reply to
NCIII

Probably not. Chevy doesn't make "Vortex" engines. H

Reply to
Hairy

NCIII, Never seen a 454 inside of a 97 Chevy Surburban? .....you neither, huh? Thanks for your reply just the same.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

Hairy You too, huh? Well, thanks for that info just the same.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

OK Hank, Whatever you say.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

If you must feed the Trolls:

Please use D-Con!

Thank you,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Change the record....

Reply to
burntkat
.

Jabs, I would like to offer my deepest apollogies for misunderstanding your OP in this thread.

here's what I read.......... .............

1997 Chevy Suburban 454 distributor cap Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2004, 3:50pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@NoSpam.Com (Jabs)

Can anyone here tell me the intake manifold has to be removed to replace the distributor cap on a 1997 Chevy Suburban with a 454 Votec engine? .................

so onced again......forgive my original reply, and my misguided attempts at helping you repair your vehical in a proficient manner.

because......... after following the thread since it started, I now realize that whut you type and whut you mean are two entirely different things.

and....... jest to be sure that i had yer intellect placed at the appropriate level, I took time out of my hectic life to Google you a bit.

and...... whut I found out wuz.......

yer a shit for brains no nothing NG space wasting usless punk idiot boat wrecking can't fix nutt'n foul mouthed inacurate diagnostic usless info giving woosely whipped manhood doubting masterbating momma's boy waste of spit lonely schizo

PUKE OF A HUMAN BEING...........

so......

like i said......

please forgive my original reply

because....now that understand yer intellect, i realize that whut you wuz after wuz a confrontation.....

so.....

maybe this second reply is more of what you were after.

oh yeah...... and the guys over at boat forum would like to see you too.....

ggrrrrrrrrr MARSH MONSTER ~passes the doc and king the fresh shroom juice.....~ ============== ==============

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Monster, Im ROTFLMFAO...cause you've got a lots of time....too much time.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

I'm beginning to like this Marsh fellow more and more... 8)

Reply to
burntkat

too good not to share:

burntkat