difference tween chevy and GMC?

The only real difference now is that GMC has some option package differences than Chevrolet and a couple higher trim levels. Other than that NO difference. Built on the same production lines and most parts that are different are only cosmetic. A few years ago I know that they really didn't watch what was going on very well. A friend of mine ordered a new Chevy truck, spec'd it out and when it came in he was real happy. Went down to pick it up and just about started crying due to laughing so hard. The dealer actually got ticked but Bob decided to keep it the way it came. What was strange you ask?

Chevrolet Dealer- yep, Ordered and built and sold as Chevrolet Truck- yep, Exterior trim Chevrolet Silverado package- yep, Interior trim package Silverado- NOPE Had GMC badge on the steering wheel, on the right dash trim was GMC and ONE door panel had a GMC badge. OOPS guess it was a Friday build....

Reply to
Steve W.

Not true. It used to be, but not anymore. Any Chevy dealer will service a GMC and vice versa.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Bryant

I`m not a dealer,and I have a '04 GMC. I have taken it to a Chevy dealer before. When I bought it,they told me I could take it to any GM dealer.

Reply to
Bill

I said that in like the 2nd post.

Reply to
Bill

Replying to an old message:

I've been in many GM/Chevy manufacturing plants and they are made identically. It literally is just a matter of what trim goes on and what tailgate is put on.

The assembly is IDENTICAL with 99.9% of the parts the same. All the welders, pre-paint, everything, identical. _________________________________________________________________ JG... Jeff Givens mailto: snipped-for-privacy@comcastXX.netXX

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Reply to
Jeff Givens

must be urban legend as I suspected when I posted this some time ago as you can see the :) face at the end of the message.

I have purchased parts for my GMC at the Chevy dealer without any problems with fit.

Reply to
hardworking