dye'n radio and gauge dash bezel

i bought a 03 dash bezel that goes around the radio and gauges. the color is grey, but i have the shale color in my suburban. has anyone dyed or painted on of these before? can anyone suggest what to use, and what color to use. my dash is two tone. it has the light and darker shale colors. the trim on the bezel is the darker of the two.

thanks for your help

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes

The prep is the most important with it, clean it real well with dish soap and hot water then let it dry completely. Go to an auto paint shop and buy a can of the plastic prep, sometimes you can find it at Checkers auto also. There are paints made specifically for this, and most of the colors are available. I would get your interior color codes and use that to match what you need.

Reply to
azwiley1

Troy, check with these folks. This is where all the pros head to.

Good luck. Andrew.

in article 4628ed2f$0$9955$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com, Troy Nemes at snipped-for-privacy@followmyrutz.com wrote on 4/20/07 12:41 PM:

Reply to
AWN

I've seen that Duplicolor has made attempts to match factory interior and exterior colors, as well as to match surface they're bonding to, all in a spray can.

Reply to
Ed H.