Sebring 2,7 LX 2001 gauge illumination (dash light)

Does anybody know where I can buy the part you can see on the photo's? (part nr. 04813406AA REV. AA) This part is for the gauge illumination. In Holland you have to replace the whole $1000 cluster only because the dash light stays dark!

Thanks, Hennie.

Hennie

Hennie,

You could very likely buy the entire gage cluster used for under $100US

- plus of course shipping, which may be as much as the price of the used cluster.

Two suggestions to try: (1) Google to see if there is a Sebring enthusiasts club. If there is a good one, they would certainly have a "Buy/Sell/Trade" or classified ads section where people post to let people know that they are looking to sell or buy a certain part. I know that the larger Chryslers (300M, Intrepid, Concorde, LHS) have forums where the gage clusters are bought and sold all the time - I have bought a few myself on such forums.

(2) Go to

and drill down with your car description and options and the cluster as the part you are looking for. You can search the entire U.S., or narrow the search to a region or just a state (also includes Mexico and Canada). It will come back with a list of salvage yards that have the part, their price, and their contact information (phone number - usually toll free, address, etc.). The list starts with the highest price and goes down to the lowest price, then to the listings where you have to call to get a price - so start where the lowest prices are and work your way back up the list.

The problem you may have is finding one that will do international shipping. *OR* perhaps you can arrange for the part to be shipped to a shipping agent for forwarding to you.

Obviously there is a chance of being ripped of or a bad part sent - that is certainly a risk. But, with a little bit of luck, you could get the whole thing for a fraction of what a new one costs from a dealer including shipping. An enthusiast forum might be a better bet for two reasons: (1) Most good car forums have a couple of people who are enthusiasts and that go to junk yards for people to get parts and have a very good reputation for dealing fairly with people (shipping only good parts and not ripping people off), and (2) They may be more likely to ship internationally, especially for a fellow enthusiast.

I hope this helps. Post back with what you decide to do and what happens.

Bill Putney

Thanks (again) Bill for your very long reply.

Today I was very lucky. I found a Sebring on a junkyard that made a very big crash. I even did not recognised it as a Sebring. Even the cluster was cracked but the part I needed was still good. I bought it for 10 Euro's. At home I figgered out what the device does. At one end I connected a 12 volt battery. At the other end I measured 100 volt AC. It convert 12 volt DC to

100 volt AC. I find that very special. Every Sebring have a dashlight that works on 100 volt AC !!! Anyway, I am glad that I have find that part so quick for a very low price.

Hennie.

"Bill Putney" schreef >> Does anybody know where I can buy the part you can see on the photo's?

Reply to
Hennie

Reply to
Bill Putney