Engine Compatibility

'88 Suburban, 350 TBI, TH700, 4x4

I am thinking of swapping a 350 I have in a beater '76 K20 pickup that I have in place of the 350 in my 'Burban. Will I run into any major problems with installing all the TBI components(intake, knock sensor, etc)? The truck has a reman engine and is a STRONG runner. I know that the exhaust manifolds wont work which is fine 'cuz I am gonna put on headers(and put in a bung for the oxygen sensor).

I am only concerned with the long block from the '76 and the TBI and computer stuff from the '88 being compatible...

Reply to
Shades

heads should be different

Reply to
alasatian

Heads will be different (bolt pattern for intake won't match) and the 88 block is a one piece rear main seal where the 76 will be two piece, will require a flywheel swap if I recall correctly. May run into problems for accessory mounting as well (falls back into the heads being incompatible). Swapping the heads is an option but remember that the 88 may have 64cc heads where the 76 probably has 76cc heads so you would be looking at a big bump in compression if you swap them (good or bad thing depending on how you look at it)

Hope it helps...

I have in place of the 350 in my

components(intake, knock sensor, etc)?

exhaust manifolds wont work which is fine

computer stuff from the '88 being

Reply to
F-J-L-