Exhaust system question...........

Got a question... Just replaced my exhaust system on my 88 K1500..... The studs on the manifolds have springs under the nuts..... Everything's new......... My question is, how
tight do I tighten the nuts on the studs ???? Do I snug them or run them down and crush the springs ??????
Thanks Brian....

The studs should have a shoulder, you tighten the nut down to the shoulder, compressing the spring, but not to the point where the spring is coil bound.