GMC Blazer - Info please?

Hi,

I've seen a "GMC" Blazer 4x4 for sale near to where I live (in Europe), and would like to know what to look out for when I go to look at it. It has

115000 miles on the clock, a 2.3l V6 engine. The interior is in excellent condition, but the outside has some rust. The guy sent me some photos, and the rust is pretty bad in front of the rear wheel arches (there's literally a hole in one side about 1 1/2" diameter, and the surrounding area is bubbled with rust). There is also I believe some rusting on the chassis in the wheel housing area. I know a good body shop, but is it worth the money (the guy wants 2350 Euros (about 2500 USD)). I have a photo of the rust on the exterior and have asked for photos of the wheelhouse rust. I can send it to the newsgroup (if it's allowed) or to an individual, as necessary to evaluate the problem.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Kevin

Reply to
elmo

"elmo" wrote

Frankly, even without seeing photo's....I wouldn't give the guy more then 50 dollars. A Blazer with a 2.8 (I'm assuming the 2.3 was a typo) isn't a vehicle that I'd get too excited about.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

only if it had a really nice body, and you had the funds to put in at least a 305CUI

Blazers are great and all, but that's allot of weight to push with a 6banger

Reply to
KJ

Reply to
LKN4SNO

Also, your concern about the rust this vehicle has is nothing to worry about. Blazers rust out just as fast as they burn gas.

Reply to
KJ

Hmm, my 6-banger certainly does well in my 4,000 lb, 4-door Jimmy. No replacement for displacement, I have a 4.3...

Reply to
Mike Levy