GMC Blazer - Info please?

Hi,
I've seen a "GMC" Blazer 4x4 for sale near to where I live (in Europe), and would like to know what to look out for when I go to look at it. It has
115000 miles on the clock, a 2.3l V6 engine. The interior is in excellent condition, but the outside has some rust. The guy sent me some photos, and the rust is pretty bad in front of the rear wheel arches (there's literally a hole in one side about 1 1/2" diameter, and the surrounding area is bubbled with rust). There is also I believe some rusting on the chassis in the wheel housing area. I know a good body shop, but is it worth the money (the guy wants 2350 Euros (about 2500 USD)). I have a photo of the rust on the exterior and have asked for photos of the wheelhouse rust. I can send it to the newsgroup (if it's allowed) or to an individual, as necessary to evaluate the problem.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Kevin
"elmo" wrote

Frankly, even without seeing photo's....I wouldn't give the guy more then 50 dollars. A Blazer with a 2.8 (I'm assuming the 2.3 was a typo) isn't a vehicle that I'd get too excited about.
Ian
only if it had a really nice body, and you had the funds to put in at least a 305CUI
Blazers are great and all, but that's allot of weight to push with a 6banger

I 100% agree with last 2 posts. I have owned a 2.8 blazer and a 2.8 S-10 and both were very underpowered. I would reccomend a full size unless you are concerned about good milage and not about power. You will definatley have problems with hills and pulling a trailer of any kind. I now own a Suburban with a 350 in it and I love it. I would not own another 2.8 vehicle. Good luck in whatever you do. If you do decide to buy this vehicle I would not pay any more than 1000 US dollars for it.

Also, your concern about the rust this vehicle has is nothing to worry about. Blazers rust out just as fast as they burn gas.

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:30:50 GMT, "KJ"

Hmm, my 6-banger certainly does well in my 4,000 lb, 4-door Jimmy. No replacement for displacement, I have a 4.3...