Haynes vs. Chiltons

I'd like to hear opinions on Haynes vs. Chiltons manuals for 88-98 Chevy / GMC Trucks. I checked Amazon and ePinions but no ratings.

Based solely on the few I've picked up over the years, I've found lots of mistakes in the Haynes. Wrong fluids called for, etc.
scrape wrote:

I had both for my 89 s15 and both had errors.
Use a chilton for a door stop. Get a Motor's repair manual, or a MFG shop service manual.
in the 1950 , 1960. 1970's frame Chilton manuals were something you wanted to own, But Chilton Manual after 1980 are USELESS !!
T. Penick wrote:

in the 1950 , 1960. 1970's frame Chilton manuals were something you wanted to own, But Chilton Manual after 1980 are USELESS !!
T. Penick wrote:

Haynes usually has vacuum hose and wiring diagrams, Chilton never has vacuum diagrams; wiring diagrams vary with year of the book.
T. Penick wrote:

Just buy the GM manuals - haynes and chiltons are half assed clones anyways.
BTW I have 2 sets for GM Trucks (2 manuals per complete set, soft cover) good for 1994+ model years.
Email me with your best offer if you are interested. Both together are about the size of 1 large phone book if you want to guess at shipping/mailing from Ontario Canada.

Neither, http://www.helm.com/ or http://www.mitchellrepair.com/ have very good service manuals that beat chiton and Haynes hands down.
Cheers

T. Penick wrote:

    Both are not worth it. In aftermarket manuials either Motors or Mitchels (professional service editions). Other then that buy the factory service manuial. Charles