Haynes vs. Chiltons

Based solely on the few I've picked up over the years, I've found lots of mistakes in the Haynes. Wrong fluids called for, etc.

Reply to
scrape

I'd like to hear opinions on Haynes vs. Chiltons manuals for 88-98 Chevy / GMC Trucks. I checked Amazon and ePinions but no ratings.

Reply to
T. Penick

I had both for my 89 s15 and both had errors.

Reply to
High Sierra

in the 1950 , 1960. 1970's frame Chilton manuals were something you wanted to own, But Chilton Manual after 1980 are USELESS !!

T. Penick wrote:

Reply to
no one

in the 1950 , 1960. 1970's frame Chilton manuals were something you wanted to own, But Chilton Manual after 1980 are USELESS !!

T. Penick wrote:

Reply to
no one

Just buy the GM manuals - haynes and chiltons are half assed clones anyways.

BTW I have 2 sets for GM Trucks (2 manuals per complete set, soft cover) good for 1994+ model years.

Email me with your best offer if you are interested. Both together are about the size of 1 large phone book if you want to guess at shipping/mailing from Ontario Canada.

Reply to
Eat at Sloppy Joes

Neither,

or
have very goodservice manuals that beat chiton and Haynes handsdown.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Both are not worth it. In aftermarket manuials either Motors or Mitchels (professional service editions). Other then that buy the factory service manuial. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I have found Hayne?s to be less generic and provide more detail and better diagrams than Chiltons does. If you plan to tear things down, Haynes is a better guide.

Reply to
SnoMan

"" wrote: > T. Penick wrote: > > I'd like to hear opinions on Haynes vs. Chiltons manuals for > 88-98 Chevy / > > GMC Trucks. I checked Amazon and ePinions but no ratings. > > > > Both are not worth it. In aftermarket manuials either Motors > or > Mitchels (professional service editions). Other then that buy > the > factory service manuial. > Charles

I agree with every one else!! The factory manuels are the only way to go!!! The others are very generic, and will get you into trouble!!

Reply to
Ken