Help With Tire Inflation

I need some help here. I just bought a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD longbed, extended cab, 4X4. The door sticker claims that the proper inflation for my tires is 55 PSI front and 80PSI rear. The tires are Bridgestone radials.
This strikes me as being exceedingly high. Can someone help?
Steven Pettijohn snipped-for-privacy@att.net
Steven,
This is the correct pressure for a heavy duty truck. Imagine it being loaded down with 1/2 ton or more of rocks and 35-40 psi tires would look flat. If you want to be doubly sure, check your tires, their max pressure should be 80 psi cold.
Enjoy Bill