1990 GMC Sierra Back Up Lights

Thanks to anyone that can help. Truck is a 1990 GMC Sierra with 5.7l V8 and auto. The back up lights as well as the rear cargo light on the cab don't work. I checked the fuse and it looked good but I changed it anyway. The lights still won't work. Any ideas on what to look at next? Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Bulbs

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Thanks. Sometimes I overlook the simple stuff thinking the problem is more technical. In case the 2 backup bulbs and the cargo light bulb is fine, could it be a bad or corroded plug or sensor that hooks into the tranny? I haven't gotten under the truck yet to see if there is a connection like this. But if there is does it run both the backup lights and the cargo light?

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I believe the reverse light switch is still part of the nuetral safety switch located at the base of the steering column just before it goes through the firewall. I do not believe there is a tie in between the cargo light and the reverse lights, and they are wired in seperate harnesses.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Ok, thanks. That helps me.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

No but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the reply.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

First thing you should do is see if you have juice at the bulb socket, then keep going back until the problem is reached.

Reply to
Rockinghorse Winner