Hey, anyone know the difference between a 90 and 93-94 model Z71?

Hi all
buddy of mine has a 93 or 94 model Z71 reg cab stepside for sale. I have a 90 model with 167K miles; his is around 100K miles, my question is there any
difference (other than money) between a 90 model and the new ones? i know it's a TBI 350 like mine, but is the transmission different? rear end? braking, etc? I've wanted his truck for a long time, but i didn't know if there is enough difference (other than the age and 60K+ miles my truck has) to make it worth buying. Thanks in advance!
TB
Everything engine wise is probably gonna be the same. The only thing i can think of that might be different is the 90 probably has a 700r4 tranny and the 93 might have a 4l60e or a 4l80e. But those might not even be different. I cant remember when they started those tranny's. I know that my 95 had a 4l80e but still had the tbi motor just like they had starting in 87.

I always get the damn year mixed up for the electronic AT's! Thanks for the correction.
Doc
Same truck; different ECM....and dash instruments.
\"Doc\" wrote:

90 has a 700R4
93-4 has 4L60E (1/2 ton), 4L80E in 3/4 and 1 ton

But you'd find a 4L80 in a half ton with a 6.5TD right?

did all the 90s have 700R4s or just the 1/2 ton?
the 4L60(E)s are just updated 700R4s, that much I know
Jason
98 GMC T-15 Sonoma (love the 4x4 in NE Ohio winters lol...) w/ 4.3 Vortec V6 and 4L60E 4 spd Auto OD tranny)

Gotta hate my C1500 in NE Ohio winters! I get to play hooky today on account of the snow and freezing rain. A 4x4 would make it, my 2wd won't. I'm just south of Canton, where you located Jason?
Doc

up in the snowbelt
Geauga County

3/4's had the 700, just finished one

the 60E is the electronically shifted version of the 700
was the 80 a TH 350 or 400?
Jason
what are you referring to ?