I NEED A GM PART NUMBER!

How do I get a GM part number for a Transfer Case Control Module? Its for a 99 Jimmy 4 button switch with NP8 transfer case.

Try gmparts.com

-

Having a hard time at home Shep?
Steve

I see: Transfer Motor Control Module 15037160 Transfer Case Shift Module 12577412
But I wouldn't trust anyone but a dealer for part numbers.
Steve
the dealer said they needed vin numbers, but they couldnt tell me part numbers. any idea on a way around that? maybe i could ask for an estimate or somthing?

There are dealers that will tell you part numbers and dealers that won't. I don't see what the big deal is, it's a friggin' number. Seriously though, why do you need the number?
I know I ask for it because for some parts it takes the guy a while to look it up, so I ask for the part number for reference. If I'm just pricing it now and I'm going to buy it later I can just call at a later date and say, "order me part number such and such" rather than having go through the look up process again.
Steve
Well, I have to get a Transfer Case Control Module for my 99 Jimmy (I think thats all thats missing behind the kick panel) and the dealer wants the VIN to figure out which TCCM I have, Well I found two different TCCM's for sale nearby for 75 bucks if I can just get the part number I can get the right one sent to me.
I thought more on the lines of getting an estimate because my mother in law was buying the part for our christmas and she wants to know exactly how much its gonna be.

I used your part number along with one I got from a part provider, here were the results
Transfer Case Shift Module #12577412 Description says its MDL ASM
#16176557 this is for MDL AS
So I wonder what the difference is?

WOHOOO!! my part number search is over, thanks for the help Steve, I took those numbers down to the local dealer and he looked up the xfer case control module and the part number below matched.

So the numbers I gave you are valid GM part numbers. Are they the right parts for your vehicle?
Steve

Yeah they were the actual part numbers I needed, I went to the GMC dealer here in town, asked if they could tell me which TCCM I needed and he pulled it up I asked him what the part number was and he read it off to me. It was the same. If you look up that number at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ you will see that it is the one. 12577412