Part number help

I'm looking to repair the seat back in my 88GT, problem is that the parts needed to fix it are no longer in service. I came across the part I think I might need but need to cross reference the part number since it's from and older car. So, can anybody tell me if part number E3ZZ-6161019A (83 mustang left hand seat back) is cross compatible with an 88GT seat? Thanks. In my

88 I have the older style high back seat, I'm not sure as to the style of the seats in 83. I'm hopeful but I would like to sure.
Reply to
ironrod

If your front seat is suffering from the common lean and twist of the seat back you can have this welded very easily. All of the metal seat back structures are the same, the only difference is the headrest styles. You can remove your headrest (see technical section of our website below), and remove the fabric and padding. The inner metal structure will slide right out at which point you can have the spot welds rewelded using a wire feed mig welder. We have done dozens of these and saves from having to locate seats with same fabric which may end up having the same problem eventually.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

The problem I'm having is with the repair itself, this isn't first time I've had to fix this problem and no mater how hard I try I can't get back exactly straight. Right now I've got a line on a NOS seat back for an 83 on ebay. What I'm looking to do is get the new part and install reinforcements before it is ever used. Hopefully it will be able to withstand my considerable weight without bending.

Reply to
ironrod

I fixed the seat back frame on my '89 GT using steel tubing and hose clamps. :) I put a length of steel tube in both sides of the back frame and used 1/2 dozen hose clamps on each side to secure it in place and straighten the frame. The clamps were temporary and I was going to have the tube welded in later, but the clamps held so well I didn't bother. Back then (12+ years ago) I was a broke Seargent and wanted to fix it cheaply.

Reply to
WraithCobra