Ignition coils

When buying spark plug wires for my 2001 Suburban (1500, 4X2), I was asked which type of induction coils are there? Apparently there are two types, each requiring a different set of wires.
How do I get that information? I have looked at the coils closely but could not discern any lables or ID. Thanks for your help.

Go to the dealer and get the delco wires you should be buying. Most (not all) aftermarket stuff is garbage. I am a true believer in OEM.