Best Spark Plug Wires for 1977 Suburban

Can anyone reccomend the best spark plug wires in the $50 to $70 price range for a 77 Surburban with a 454 and factory High Energy Ignition?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert L. Wells

I've been perfectly happy with MSD 8.5's on my last truck. It gave it a noticeable improvement in driveability.

I put Taylor ThunderVolt 50's on my new truck, and I had two of them break on me when removing them to diagnose a LOSS of performance after the install.

Granted Taylor says I can return the two wires for good ones, it's a bit of a pain in the neck. They said those two wire were causing the loss in performance.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind

Reply to
Robert L. Wells

Reply to
Troy

No problem,

Mine were all pre-built and ready to go... It's on a LS1 based motor with the individual coil packs sitting on the valve covers, so it's only a short 8" wire down to the plugs.

I think I'd be surprised if either of these companies DIDN'T make a pre-built set for your motor.

I paid about $50 for the MSD's, and $68 for the Taylors.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind