more blue smoke

I have an 84 C10 with 90K and a 5.0. when I start the engine in the morning or anytime it sits for more than 4 hours or so i have trouble getting the engine started. It turns
over at first but even if i give it gas there is no response. I usually have to try twice more before it roars to life with a big puff of white/blue smoke. i think my valve seals are going (because of the smoke) and im getting some oil in the cylinder but i was wondering if this would affect its ability to start. once i get it running it runs really well and i only have trouble starting once the engine has cooled down to ambient temperature. any thoughts?
Check your cold start circut from sensor to computer. Check the computer (check engine) codes also.