Need to prevent doors from freezing up

I have a 91 Sierra truck. Earlier today it rained, then got cold and later I could not get into the truck. I finally managed to open one door on pass side. The driver door is still stuck. I was not within
close reach to an outlet to use a hair dryer. At least now I moved the truck near an outlet. If I had not been able to pound with my fist and force the door I would have been locked out. Using a torch on the paint did not seem like a good idea. But without electricity there would have not been another way.
My thought is that what is needed is a preventative measure. Applying something around the door seal. But what? I'd rather not use something that will get all over my clothing, like auto grease. I suppose vaseline would not be too bad of a mess, but maybe there's something else. Does anyone have any ideas? My other thought is silicone spray, but that seems to evaporate in a short time.
What can I use?
I should mention that I have had this problem on other vehicles, but because of the door design, this truck seems to get worse.
Thanks for all advice
Bob
Robert wrote:

Best stuff I have used is Silicone boot waterproofer. The type that is in a bottle with the cotton ball applicator. Couple coats and no more stuck doors.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

This sounds like a good plan. Thanks

Hot water.
--
Carroll Robbins

Maybe warm water. Knew a guy (not the brightest bulb on the tree) who poured hot water on his frozen-up windshield.. Ya kin guess what happened

Let me guess.......... Ummmmmmmmmmmm Huh Hummm AHHHHH..... Hum Hmmmmmmmmmm UhHa.....
I think I get it.... His wife boiled the water, so when he poured it on the frozen windshield His wife's water broke !!!!!!!! :(^ ,,,): ! :)-|--<
: : >If I had not been able to pound with my : >fist and force the door I would have been locked out. Using a torch : >on the paint did not seem like a good idea. But without electricity : >there would have not been another way. : : Hot water.
Cracked/shattered glass