406 doors freezing

i have a 51 plate 406, and in the freezing weather the doors wont open.they are froozen shut. does anyone have any ideas how to stop this happening.thanks in advance jim.

Reply to
gingo

Chris

I used to use MS4 silicone grease. Just a very fine film made the seals water repellent and reduced the risk of getting it on clothes. My current car - Ford - does not seem to need this treatment. maybe the seals are inherently water repelling?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

"gingo" schreef in bericht news:%MIKo.16554$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe27.ams...

I use a silicone spray for this. Don't pull your doors too hard or the rubber will end up at the wrong side...

Reply to
Linea Recta

once i dig my car out from under the snow i will give the vaseline a try,as i have some in the house. ive been looking at a silicone spray from screwfix. maybe get this later.jim.

Reply to
gingo

To stick my oar in! I have been told NOT to use Vasaline, but Plumbers Silicone Grease, as Vasaline causes the rubber to deteriorate. Dave S.

Reply to
David A Smith

Reply to
Chris

Borrow the wife's furniture polish, it has silicone in it, and makes the car smell nice.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

That would be because it is actually Petroleum Jelly and rubber does not like petrol. Having said that, if its only used occasionally you would probably get away with it. Silicone lubricant is safer though.

Reply to
Tinkerer