vw polo doors freezing shut

vw Polo doors freezing shut[thats what vw call it in the UK, I believe some call it a Rabbit] 1998 mfg.

I have posted this to the UK site and have recieved some comfirmations of similar experiences from other owners but no finite solution other than one guy who changed to a Yaris !. The main worry is after getting into the thing via the boot [trunk] ,[early morning gymnastics out of bed are not a great way to start a day], you may not be able to get out in a hurry in the case of an emergency. The consensus of opinion is that its the spring released lock latch that remains engaged due to the cold. WD40 blasted into the lock and greasing the door seals don't help. Anyone in colder climes than our temperate one sorted this one??????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply to
village idiot

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning
100% antifreeze works great! Just squirt some into the locks.
Reply to
Woodchuck