New Truck

I am currently driving a 1991 Chevy 4X4 1/2 ton Pick up. I love driving it, but it gets terrible gas mileage. I'd like to stick with another Chevy pick up, 4 wheel drive if possible, but I'm not sure as to what kind of gas mileage they usually get. I've been looking into the S10's, but want to stick with something big. Any suggestions

-- chevygrrl
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-417645.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
Add pictures here
โœ–
What do you consider "terrible" gas mileage?
~jp
Add pictures here
โœ–
chevygrrl wrote:

Unless you get a manual transmission the later model S10's are not that great on milage. I never got over 21 with my 2000 2.2L extended cab 2wd auto. My 2004 5.3L 4x4 extended cab silverado can get 19.5.
Add pictures here
โœ–
My 2000 Chevy S10 4.3 L 4x4 does 16-17 MPG. Not bad though expensive.
NL Rene

Add pictures here
โœ–

http://johnnyreb292.tripod.com/misc/
Add pictures here
โœ–

'06 Chevy 3500, LT3, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax HO Diesel, 6 Speed Allison Automatic 18-19 mpg highway 14 or so town But it only has 10,000 miles on it so it isn't broken in yet.
Ron
Add pictures here
โœ–
I have a 03 1500HD Crew Cab Quadrasteer and I got about 12mpg then installed a programmer and now I get about 16mpg hw
-- Amanda Lynn