chevy pick up truck not a 4x4

Truck place in town here sold the nieghbor a chevy pick up truck last week and told him it was 4x4 and had snow tires all around but is really only 2 wheeldrive. He wants to know if he can take it back or sue the salesdick somehow so I said I would ask on here if anybody has a sugestion. thank you. the truck is 1995 s-10 with only 65000 miles.

Reply to
Strudelsmith

If the bill of sale says 4x4 or 4WD anywhere on it, he's got a case in court. If it don't, he doesn't have anything to back up his claim that the guy told him it was a 4x4 and he's out of luck. Not to be a dick, but did he not realize it was 2WD when there was no push button 4WD cluster or 4WD stick on the floor?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:41:40 GMT, "\"Doc\"" put forth the notion that...

Awww, go ahead Doc, be a dick... you know you want to! I'm thinking if he doesn't know the difference, he probably doesn't need a 4X4, but even if the paperwork doesn't say it's a 4X4, I'd still try to take it back. There are still about three honest used car salesmen in the US... he might get lucky.

Reply to
Checkmate

====================== It is possible the salesman though it was a 4x4 too, allthough not likely. Maybe because of the snow tires on the front. Just take it back and ask. And just for the record, you can sue just about anybody for just about anything, winning might be a problem though :)

Reply to
Scott M

How about taking it back to the service department and tell them the 4x4 doesn't work and you want it fixed!

-Buck F.

Reply to
Buck F.

This one has my vote. If it was me I would do this just for the laugh and to push the issue that the salesman did not know the difference. The customer not knowing the difference is one thing. Most people just get in and turn the key but the salesman not knowing is a problem. The real question is how long do you think it will take for the service dept. to determine the problem...

---------- Complaint: non-function 4wd Reason: missing 4wd switch, front axle, driveshaft and transfer case Remedy: slapped the salesman, sold customer a 4x4

---------- :-)

mark

Reply to
rock_doctor

====================== They will probably charge him about $60 and say they couldnt find anything wrong with it! LOL

Reply to
Scott M

What kind of retard doesn't know how to tell if a truck is 4 wheel drive or not?? People like this should be banned to riding bicycles.

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

======================================= You know, most people who dont know these things arent "retards", just un-informed. Although, it is kinda fun calling them "retards" I guess :)

Reply to
Scott M
4x4's tend to have a '4x4' logo on the rear panel, and they sit a little higher at the front than their 2wd counterparts.. even up here in Eastern Ontario, it is more usual to see 2wd pickups than 4x4's.. S10 4x4's are quite rare anyway..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

LMAO!

I'm gonna leave this one to the pro's.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Ed Murray Certified Locksmith My Enthusiast's Website:

Crooked-Ridez

Somehow,on 7 Dec 2003 17:52:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net (Tony Kimmell) leapt at the chance to act like a doofus and managed to spout out:

not everybody knows everything.

do you know how to drive a nuclear submarine? do you know how to build a skyscraper? do you know how to work the drive through at McDonald's?

you don't know these things? you must be a retard. you should be banned to riding bicycles.

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

Any body with 1/2 an oz. of sense should be able to tell a 4x2 from

4x4!
Reply to
LARRY929
4x4!
Reply to
NO.SPAMggoddyn

No, not knowing how to tell while you're looking at it on the dealer's lot is uninformed. Buying it anyway and then trying to get back at the salesman because you didn't know is retarded.

Never underestimate the stupid power of people who buy cars or trucks to be "cool".

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

That one's limited to government clearance, so not everybody will be able to do it.

That one's limited to an engineering degree (now-a-days, anyways) - again, not everyone will be able to do it.

Yes - there's 2 buttons on the belt pack that attaches to the headset - one for speaking to the drive thru menu, other for speaking just to the other headsets.

*But* if you are going to a dealership, you should know what it is that you want. I once test drove a car, and on the test drive the saleswoman tried to tell me that the car had a light to tell me when to downshift. So I threw it in 5th and slowed down till it stalled. No light. Was on another test drive with an ex gf in a Tibby, and the salesman tried to tell us that the car came standard with a V-4 and had an optional V-6. A V-4? In a Hyundai?!

Salesmen/women aren't always the brightest people. They try to act confident to win your sale. Usually they end up looking like fools in the process because they lay down something they act as law, when it's false.

It's your job to know what it is you're going after when you go into a dealership. If you don't, and you sign the papers, only to find out later that you were wronged, my thought is "tough luck". *If* you know you don't know anything about cars, take that friend of yours that does with you. They might just save you alot of money, and perhaps even time.

Jeremy

Do you know how to drive an M1-A1? I do. :-)

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

Yeah! That must be hella cool eh? You military guys have the coolest "toys."

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

You can easily spot a 4x4 from a distance by just looking for the two punkins' under the truck. Also, the S10 (and similarly-sized vehicles of this type) are not really trucks, they're just cars with big open trunks IMHO. :-)

Reply to
Rich B

That's the best part Doc, I'm not in the military. :-D

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers