Blinker noise driving me crazy 2000 Chevy 1500 Z-71

Blinker noise driving me crazy 2000 Chevy 1500 Z-71. All bulbs are working but noise is almost always on. How can I shut it up.

Reply to
PET

Shep

Leads me to a funny story. A girl in my department let a professor drive her car. When she got it back the parking lights kept flashing. She did everything she could think of and then finally made an appointment to take it into the dealer. She drove it for a week and a half blinking the whole time. She took it to the dealer, the service manager walked out looked at then turned off the hazard flashers. All fixed..... He got out and walked away not saying a word but you know he was laughing in side....

The last time this happened to me I had miss wired the light plug for my trailer. I had accidentally grounded one of the wires and the draw was making the flasher switch work... You may want to determine which flasher is working. You have two, one for the turn signals and one for the hazard flashers. This is easy to do just pull each flasher and see when it stops clicking. Then you will need to see what is drawing power in that circuit.

good luck, mark

Reply to
r_d

Reply to
PET via CarKB.com

It probably has nothing to do with your flashers or turn signals. I had the same issue, years ago, with my '99, but it stopped doing it before I had a chance to trace it down. You'll just have to dig into it and find the relay that's making the noise, and replace it. If that doesn't fix it, look for a bad ground.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Bad Multi-function switch. It's in the steering column and it's expensive. I was learning to live with the noise and it stopped by itself. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR