Rancho adjustable shocks? Gimmick or useful? (2002 S-10)

It spends much of its time empty. I want something that will keep the rear axle under control a little better when empty (seems to get airborne too much on the big hits).
OEM shocks are blown and leaking, but the truck feels about the same as stock until I throw 500lbs in the back. Then it flops its tail like a beached whale.
One strong condender is the Bilstein HD from Autozone at $59/ea. The pricier adjustable Ranchos can be had from Summit for something like $87.
For you Rancho RS9000 owners, did you find yourself getting under the truck and actually using the adjustments after the novelty wore off? ;-)
RM
I have them on my 90 suburban and they work great. I don't have to get under the truck to adjust them, just reach in the wheel well. I dont adjust them alot but when I am pulling a heavy trailer or something they are nice. I would recommend them. LKN4SNO

Having used them before, they are going to go on both my daily driver <89 S-10 Blazer 4X4> after I finish the solid front axle swap <soon.... very soon now!> as well as my trail toy- 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4.
I'll have the dash mounted adjustment kit so I can adjust on the fly.

airborne
$87.
http://www.speedyperformanceparts.com/rancho_ch_blazer_adjustable-shock_z.html
It offers shocks for both the single and dual shock OEM setup. About 95 bucks each.
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
Builds/Upgrades/Repairs

More details on what you want more info on? 8)

Dash mounted kit? How do you adjust them....
~KJ~