Re: 2000 Blazer LT Brake Light On Dash / Recommended Manuals

I have just got a 2000 Blazer LT. When driving the car, on the dash

>the Brake Light intermittently goes on and tapping the brakes, turns >it back off. The owners manual just states there are two braking >systems and the warning light shows one is failing and needs >maintenance. > >- What does this light actually detect failing: is it low brake pads, >the oil pressure or adjustment? >- Are there any common brake problems with the 2000 Blazer >- Can you recommend any Maintenance Manuals for the Blazer that >details general maintenance for the 2000 Blazer LT

You might check the level of the brake fluid in the master cylinder.

-- Old Crow '82 FLTC 92" Shovel 'Pearl' TOMKAT, SENS, BS#133, DOF#51, MAMBM ASE Certified Master Auto Tech Chevy Certified Master Tech

Reply to
Old Crow

Thanks Walliscrow, I passed this information onto the Garage... guess what, they replaced the Master Cylinder and it fixed the problem!

Reply to
Chris Hunt