brake light on dash stays on

I traced the fault to the sensor in the brake fluid resevoir. Is this sensor replaceable? Do you need to change the whole resevoir? Any comments would be appreciated.

Reply to
farmerboy

Try topping up the reservoir with brake fluid. The light will go on when the brake fluid is lower in the container than it should be. Or your sensor is faulty.

Reply to
mack

Your brake pads have probably worn, requiring more fluid to compress them. Just have your brakes check.

mack wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

brakes are fine, resevoir is topped up. Question is, is the sensor replaceable or does it need to be changed with the whole resevoir. Haynes manual doesn't even touch the sensor in the brake resevoir.

Reply to
woodsman

Neither does the FSM for my '93. Sometimes a good counterman at dealer parts can help you out. Therein lies the rub, "good counterman" being somewhat of an oxymoron these days.

Reply to
NickySantoro