Re: High Oil Pressure.. how much pressure is too much?

I had a similar experience with my 94 K1500. It ended up being low on oil. The fluxuations could be the oil sloshing in the pan and the pickup tube intermitently being in/out of the oil. Your post didn't mention if you
checked the oil or not. Let us know if it is low. Also, I had a major leak in my oil filter housing that sends the oil up front to the oil cooler. I took that apart and replace the seals/gaskets with a kit. No more leak and my presure stays pretty steady. At idle, it goes about 20PSI and at highway speeds about 40PSI. Not sure if this is the norm, but I have no problems with overheating. Hope this helps. Andy