Blind Spot Mirror Question

I've got a 2004 Sierra Ext. cab and no matter how hard I look before changing into the right lane, I keep missing cars in the blind spot, expecially at night. So far, I've been lucky. My mirrors are the heated type with anti-reflective coating that will swing closed with a button activation. I've been looking at blind spot mirrors. I like the Hot Spots rectangular style, but they only stick on with a piece of double stick foam. Anybody have any experience with these? Do they fall off and chip the door paint on the way down? Also, I suspect there would be increased reflections at night since these don't have anti-reflective coating. Are these any good or are there any better recommendations?

Reply to
AnnMef

Do you also turn your head and look?, or just rely on the mirrors. How about staging another car, say in a parking lot, and place it dead in your blind spot. Adjust mirror.

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

Yes, I turn my head about as far it will go. But, cars manage to get along side me and I've nearly missed a few. I used a blind spot mirror on my old Silverado for the 25 years that I drove it. Used the old round metal blind spot mirrors. They never came off, but they didn't have to contend with heated mirrors, either.

Reply to
AnnMef

I always add blind spot mirrors. I have side mount tool boxes so no side vision at all. I have heated power mirrors and just use the cheap 3"dia stick on spots. Never any problem falling off. Yes they do reflect headlights but my mirrors are not self dimming anyway. Clean the glass real good. Mount them as far to the outside as possible. If you have the blinker in the mirror they may cover the bottom section of the blinker.

Reply to
calhoun

The only problem you'll have is that the double stick foam pads works like insulation so your heated mirrors will not defrost the blind spot mirrors. Other than that, they're great.

Reply to
Williams

I read this somewhere a few years back and it has worked flawlessly for me ever since and I am currently driving the 2500HD Crew Cab. When adjusting your outside mirrors, sit in the middle of your truck (if you have buckets lean your head to the middle) Adjust the passenger mirror until you just see the side of the truck. Stay in the middle and adjust the driver's side the same way. Now watch cars coming from behind and as they leave your rear view mirror they start showing in your outside mirrors (they actually appear in both for a second during the transition). It took me a little bit to get used to it but it has omitted the blind spot for me. Cappy

Reply to
Cappy