rear brakes locking up

looking for a site or related info from gmc on recalls or service bulletins for our 1999 gmc 2500 suburban that when ever the rear brakes get wet from rain or putting the boat in or out of the water the next few applications lock up the rears and actuate the abs system would like info before going into the dealer again we go in with complaints of squeaking and are told thats normal with the new materials etc,i think its poor workmanship not sanitary my rear backing plates have no stains of oil or residue so i have no idea why it locks up thanks for any info

Reply to
jimzgmc

First, some puncutation in future posts would be much appreciated. Not trying to be a grammar nazi but it's harder than hell to read your post.

Second, disc or drum rears?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Shep

Thank you for the information. I have a number of older GM,Ford,and Mopar vehicles with drum brakes and have not experienced this type of problem. I have never had a disc brake set up lock up when wet. I thought this may be a fault with this particular application on our vehicle.Thank you again Shep, we will get some shoes ordered. Doc,never used this media before sorry if i gave you a bit of a brain tease with the lack of punctuation.I also didnt know 2500 gmc suburbans had optional rear disc brakes,just assumed this thing was loaded it has every option we thought could be ordered.

Reply to
jimzgmc