Retrofit Rear Air In Suburban?

Greetings,

I'm looking at picking up a 91 suburban with a 6.2 NA diesel.

It has A/C, but not rear A/C. Is it possible to retrofit rear A/C to this vehicle?

TIA,

--Duncan

Reply to
Duncan D. Sterling

possible ? yes, with enough money and time and patience all things are possible

practical is another matter...........you'd need all the plumbing, electrical, switches..............

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Yes !!!!

Contact

they do have a kit that is designed for the 91 and prior Suburban and the 92 and newer suburbans

the 91 is the overhead model like the factory one.

Reply to
I'm Right

I just looked into replacing the rear A/C in my conversion van, It lunched the compressor and I figured that rear unit probably got filled with crud. After looking at the prices for the new parts I decided rear A/C is something I could live without. You need to buy ALL the pieces for a system with dual A/C if you want to do it. About the only part you have now that is the same are the front condenser and the evaporator core, plus the line from the current evap to the drier, oh and your current drier is OK. EVERYTHING else is different. The total for my van (uses almost the same parts as your Sub. was almost 2400.00. So like Gary said , yes it's possible BUT if you really want it trade in that truck for one that has it..

Reply to
Steve W.

Why dont you just find a local bussiness that makes limos, they always have them units laying around, they use them in their vehicles they stretch. However, they are heat and a/c combined. The company I work for uses them types.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove