S-10 blazer clunking sound

My 94 4x4 S-10 blazer makes a clunking sound only when the wheels are turned sharply and hit bumps in the road. Any other time the truck rides great. I just replaced all 4 ball joints (for the 2nd year in a row) and I
can't find anything else loose or bad. Anyone seen anything like this? Any advise on wht to check?
Thanks
toddbpsu92 wrote:

You must put on a lot of miles on if you wear out ball joints annually.
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:59:34 GMT, High Sierra

Agreed on both counts. My 94 Jimmy 4x4 still had the OE ball joints at 115,000 miles, shop checked them at around 110,000 and they were still tight. Got rid of the truck last winter.
My 2000 S-10 has 68,000 on the clock and still on OE ball joints.
Mike Levy wrote:

I had an 89 S15 and garages always said I needed new ball joints each year when I got it safety inspected. Turns out that the dorks at the garage were using the old method of jacking up the front and wiggling the tire. That isn't how you check ball joints on an S10/S15. There is a shoulder of metal on the ball joint that disappears when the ball joint is worn out.
Cheap brand ball joints:
Plus a truck known for a ball joint problem.
Refinish King
PS Perfect Circle seem to last the longest.

Refinish King nailed it. I learned my lesson about cheap ball joints. After 1 year they came off in pieces with the rubbers all torn up.