clunking sound when starting

It's been cold here the past few days, -19°C without the wind, and when I go and start the truck after it's been sitting for a while I get a clunking sound before it turns over.

1993 silverado 5.7

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Squirrels ?

Reply to
Martin Riddle

could be.

actually it didn't do it today when the truck sat for 7+ hours at work. Guess it wasn't cold enough

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

could be a loose starter bolt. it would be more noticeable the colder it gets

Reply to
S.S.I.N.