s10 fuel Pump

I have a 2001 s10 truck with a 4.3L. The fuel pump was making a loud buzzing noise. I replaced the Pump and the new one is making the same noise. What is causing this.

Be sure to replace the fuel pump relay also. If the relay is burnt, it may be causing low voltage to the pump.
James
In article
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Did you replace the fuel filter when you changed the pump?
I would take a listen to a similar year, make and model as a 'normal' fuel pump does make some noise. Also being low on fuel seems to magnify it. Also, how many miles? Don't know if you have anyway of know either of the next two questions but....Was the pump you replaced the origional? Sure? Was the one you replaced it with an AC Delco unit? I have found in our shop, going aftermarket often provides you with a noisier pump(my exp.), thus though more money, I have used AC Delco pumps since the laast noisy aftermarket that I put in(cust also complained about the performance of the a'market unit. Good luck- there is my 2 cents-on sale today for FREE! snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com
On Feb 19, 7:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

On 19 Feb 2007 16:36:41 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

It uses a high RPM electric motor that can be noisy. How noisy it is depends on the tolerances it was built to. I have two GM models and the pimp has always been easy to hear in them. Both ae original and one is now over 18 years old. You need to maybe be concerned when it noticably changes in sound or pitch. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com