"Soft" Emergency Brake

Ok, i have a NBS '99 Silverado and my wife has a OBS '99 Tahoe. The emergency brake on her truck far better than mine. Is it because the tahoe has drum rear breaks or is it just a design flaw.
Can i beef mine up?
It is probably because of the Disk breaks. What they do on some cars with rear disk brakes is there is a tiny little drum brake inside the disk hub on my old car it was no more that 4" dia. You don't get nearly as much surface area for braking.
Corey

Along those same lines, if you have rear disc brakes, you apply your normal brake pedal then apply the emergency brake. That's what my manual says anyway.

This has been discussed at length on the Light Duty forum at http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums / ... search for Parking Brake
There is a TSB on the drum-in-hat parking brake for the NBS - an updated clip assembly. The original assembly can get out of alignment, possibly always drag and destroy the hub. The inspection stations have said they have failed a lot of NBS GM trucks for pbrake not holding properly.