Synthetic oil increase consumption - Help!

I have a '95 3/4 ton extended 4X4 - 5.7 litre - 60k At about 40k, I switched to full synthetic oil. Since then, it seems to be using a lot of oil - every 1000 miles. No signs of leaks and doesn't appear
to be burning. Should I switch back to conventional?
Thanks in advance.

be
appear
How much was it using before the switch on conventional, and how much is it using now?
Doc

Before was normal 1 litre every 3k miles, now 1 litre every 300 miles!

it
It ain't the oil. You've got an internal engine issue going on there. Switching oils won't fix it nor did it break it. Larry

Where do I start?

seems
doesn't
is
Compression check 1st thing, if that is OK I would replace the valve seals. At this point if it still uses oil I would rebuild.
--
Diamond Jim
"The Old Devil Dog"

synthetic oil sucks! has nature ever failed you yet? don't forget: nature made cotton, man made polyester.
Synthetic oil increase consumption - Help! Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Apr 10, 2004, 1:49pm (EDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMeastlink.ca (MZ) I have a '95 3/4 ton extended 4X4 - 5.7 litre - 60k At about 40k, I switched to full synthetic oil. Since then, it seems to be using a lot of oil - every 1000 miles. No signs of leaks and doesn't appear to be burning. Should I switch back to conventional? Thanks in advance.