fuel consumption increase with kadron dual carbs?

i have some kadron dual carbs and was wondering if the fuel consumption will go up too much?

Reply to
WBS

..............Compared to a single solex it should do about the same or maybe even better! Your driving style and other engine upgrades would make a lot of difference. I would think that a stock spec. 1600 would benefit from additional upgrades like 1.4 ratio rocker arms and a scavenging type exhaust system. Without these minimal upgrades, you'd be losing out on a lot of the potential benefit from the Kadrons.........in my opinion.

BTW............assuming that you're not running a counterbalanced crankshaft or hd valve springs, be sure to keep the rpms under 5000 if you don't want to shorten your engine's longevity.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Assuming a stock 1600, you should get the same mileage with the K-dogs as with a 34pict3. Maybe better.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Not taking the "P*ss" Timothy, but how many do you actually know that has hurt a crank reving past 5.5G ?

I know all the details and specs, believe me, having read everything I could get my hands on since early -81, and been into other scenes of racing... I have very seldom had first hand info on people loosing a crank in an otherwise semi stock engine due to over reving....

It goes for longeviety(SP?) yes, but 1,4:1 and other bolt on items are rarely going to be able to kill a stock long block. If you leave the heads stock exept HD single coil springs, you will still find it a tad hard to rev past 5.5(or more likely, to find any usable power up there... Been there... ).

Makes sence? Who the hell knows, been to the pub, probably not very articulate at the moment. Most certainly do not wish to thread on anyones toes, just real life experience(s)....

J.

Have a good night, .,.,.,.,.,.,

Reply to
BergRace

It isn't the crank that gets hurt, it's the case. How many people do you know with low oil pressure at idle? That is evidence of a pounded-out bearing saddle. Which is evidence of a crank flexing in the middle. Even an engine in completely stock trim does this eventually.

Easy to just believe it's a normal situation for an ACVW engine. Couldn't possibly be anything to do with that stock crank whipping around.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

When I first put 'em in the van with stock jets on a stock 1600 dp with an 050 they smoked a lot and fuel consumption doubled !!!

Changed the jets smaller, then I could also tune it properly, and it's perfect

- 350 to 400 kms on a tank of gas.

Reply to
Oldbie

...............Yeah Joern!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Dang. I'm getting crusty lately. Must be time to self medicate some more.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

....................You better drink some coffee, smoke a cigarette and eat a donut before you turn into one of those bicycle riding bean sprout eaters like Stafford.

LOL!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Doncha worry, Max. In my earlier life I smoked enough to fog a city and drank a river of whiskey. I'm just having fun now doing something else now. Medicate if ya got 'em.

Reply to
jjs