tach problem

Put remote start on my truck the other day and now my tach quit working. Removed the remote start but still no tach. It is the factory tach also. All other gauges work fine. The truck is a 94 1/2 ton 4x4 Chevy (of
course). Any ideas or suggestions?

Did you just splice into the negative side of the coil with the remote start to grab the tach signal? Where did you connect the tach wire for the remote start to the tach wire on the truck?
Doc

didn't connect the tach lead for the remote start at all. The book on the remote start said wasn't necesary as long as you could live without a tach until the key was in the on posistion. Does the tach run the the computer or is it like any aftermakerket tach?

also.
start
remote

yep, I have removed the remote start all together now. Still no tach!!!!!