Tach wire on 01' Sunfire 2.2????

Could anyone tell me where the "Tach" wire is (and colour) on a 2001 Sunfire

2.2??? I'm installing a remote starter and I wired into the "white" wire at the coil pack (Thats where one shop told me to wire into). Now the system will fire the engine, run for a couple of seconds then shut down. I'm assuming that I have the wrong coil wire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....... Wally

Reply to
Wally

Do you have a module installed to defeat the anti-theft system?

Reply to
Paradox

No factory anti-theft on this car as far as I can tell. At least it doesn't use a "chipped" key anyway. Is there any other way to tell? (I bought it used 2 yrs ago - apparently it has keyless entry but I got no remotes when I purchased the car). It does have the anti-theft radio.

Thanks again, Wally

Reply to
Wally

If there's not a chip thing in the actual key look near the base to see if it says anything with PK in it.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

GM quit using a "chipped" key years ago. The anti-theft is built into the lock cylinder.

Anti-theft was standard equipment. There should be a security light in the instrument cluster.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

No security light comes on at any time on the instrument cluster, just the flashing light on the radio. The thing with PK on it? Where would that be? Are there any other ways to tell? If it's standard equipment then how is it disabled by me? Just by turning key forward? Now I'm REALLY confused!!!

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance, Wally...

Reply to
Wally

the sunfart also has the Pats or Vats or wtf ever its called. you must have a bypass module on it to

too bad you didnt buy a quality remote start, a tach signal isnt needed om the good ones. but the good ones do cost $5-$10 more,have a lot more features better looking longer range remotes etc but hey ya save $5 and made an arkansas billionaire richer

Reply to
I'm Right

Do a Google search on "GM passlock bypass"

Your 01 Sunfire has the Passlock anti-theft system as standard equipment, you need to either buy or build a by-pass module if you want your remote starter to work.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Yes, it's equipped with the Passkey II system. I put a bypass module in today and it worked. Thanks for any input. Wally.

Reply to
Wally