tahoe keyless entry

ok well i just bought a 1997 tahoe 4wd 4dr w/ a 5.7 vortec... I got it from a used car dealer and i was wandering if it would have a keyless entry system from the factory??? it has a small red led in
the one blank besides the radio but it doesnt light up??? An alrm system???? I didnt receive any key fobs but what should i look for to see if it has a remote entry system stock???? also once in a while the windshield wipers will stop in the middle of the windsheild or wherever i turn off the switch instead of goin all the way back down.... any ideas??? thanks
On Jun 27, 10:34 am, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

If it is just a small red LED, most likely it was an aftermarket alarm of some type. If you were to trace that LED wires, you would most likely find that the alarm had been removed. Most dealers will take them out on trade because it either didn't work properly to begin with, or because they don't want to deal with the customer on it should it start to act up.
the wipers is a common problem with those(mine also) tahoes. you must either remove the printed circuit board from the wiper motor housing(pretty easy) and resolder all of the board connectios on the back, or have the board replaced. also easy to do. warranty covers some years. the circuit boards were soldered incorrectly and contacts lose signals. ask a dealer about the alarm?? old john
Hello, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com! You wrote on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:34:41 -0700:
b> ok well i just bought a 1997 tahoe 4wd 4dr w/ a 5.7 vortec... I got b> it from a used car dealer and i was wandering if it would have a b> keyless entry system from the factory??? it has a small red led in b> the b> one blank besides the radio but it doesnt light up??? An alrm b> system???? I didnt receive any key fobs but what should i look for to b> see if it has a remote entry system stock???? also once in a while b> the b> windshield wipers will stop in the middle of the windsheild or b> wherever i turn off the switch instead of goin all the way back b> down.... any ideas??? thanks
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net