Transmitter Programming Base
If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure,
the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position,
the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock
button is pressed two times.
When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All
transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the
transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at
this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with
all the transmitters.
1. Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC). The
receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and
activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.
2. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the
first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle
(approximately 10 seconds).
3. Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed
(if available). The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the
doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within
4. Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
5. Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter
6. Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter