1998 rear hacth actuator

Hello all,

This past weekend my rear hatch did not open. I head the actuator plunging but it did not release.

I pried the rear cover just enough to move the lever to release the glass top and then opened the lower panel.

Removed the interior cover to expose the lower body.

( What where they thinking when they designed this not way to fully remove the interior trim without removing the 2 screws on the side boy what rocket scientist. I will make 2 small slits on either side so I can snap the cover back on but have the ability to remove it by prying it off and then not having the screws hold the sides down.)

Removed the cover and located a broken piece of plastic the connects the actuator to what would be the glass door release system.

I used a piece of # 12 AWG wire as a temp to open the door but have to hold the button in to release the lower section.

Called the dealer, have to buy the entire unit $ 75.00 just to replace the broke .05 cent plastic connector.

Anyone know of a cheaper way out???

I got the handle release for the seats from whittey, what a savings and it works great, though someone might know of some sort of replacement for this part.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Xanth

Though it may or may not work, you could try to expoxy it in place. I would use a thick paste like expoxy though and not some of the more liquid types.

Reply to
azwiley1