temp on 99 silverado?

Hey all,
just bought a 99 silverado with the 5.3 v8. Anyway, i was chugging down I59 last week and saw the temp gauge go up to almost 210 degree, just a little
lower, but i was going about 80-85 mph..is this acceptable or do i need a new thermostat? if i do, can i do it or will it mess up the computer or something? when i slowed down, it went back down to a normal range of 175 or so i believe. Is this ok?
thanks in advance
TB
I don't think that "175" is normal. Mine is just below the 210 at "195." Mine has a 195 thermostat so I think this is normal. If yours is fluctuating, you may be low on coolant, but you probably need a thermostat. You can do it yourself! First don't mix ANY green shit with the orange shit. Second, get all the air out of the system. Third, don't cuss at it too much. The good old days are gone, so you'll have to disassmble half the damn thing to get at such a simple thing as a thermostat. .

I59
or

You're fine, don't take what the gauge says too seriously, it's there for more of a ballpark reading than anything else.
Doc