Thump in transmisin when exeleratoon 98 blasser?

I get a Thump in transmission when acceleration from a stop at about 25 mph. when acceleration. otherwise it runs ok. have been told that it is a major problem and the transmission should be replaced?? any advice welcome as to probable cause. thanks Ben

Get the PCM scanned and check for DTC P1870.
Doc
I get a Thump in transmission when acceleration from a stop at about 25 mph. when acceleration. otherwise it runs ok. have been told that it is a major problem and the transmission should be replaced?? any advice welcome as to probable cause. thanks Ben
. top post . . it sounds like the clutch slave cylinder is binding, causing the release bearing to hang against the bearing retainer and when the rpms get high enough the presure plate is popping the release bearing back.
unless of course..... you have an automatic blasser....
but then.... you didn't volunteer that info .......
DID YOU?????
MarshMonster ~:~
thanks Ben ================== snipped-for-privacy@nope.com (Doc) wrote:
Get the PCM scanned and check for DTC P1870.
Doc
(Doc)

also check the tranny mounts.