Thump in rear suspension solved?

The car is a 1986 560SEC with self leveling suspension. There is a loud thump when the right rear DROPS into a hole. I had the acumulators replaced but still a thump. Thinking about it, it seems that the line to the shock absorber (cylinder) is well above the bleed on the control valve. I removed the rear seat and there is a rubber access panel over the connection to the top of the cylinder. If there is air in the top of the cylinder and line there is no way it can be bled out at the control valve. Does anyone know of the proceedure to bleed this air? It looks like the line will have to be loosened, bled and then retightened.

Reply to
Bill Bunn